It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Handy Kitchen Gadget - Love It!


I'm not normally one who's mad for a kitchen tool that has only one use.  They tend to take up space for a few years, get used maybe once or twice, and then pitched out when you're sick of seeing them clutter up the place.  This is different.

Hubby and I have hot breakfast cereal pretty much every day (except the weekends, which are given over to lovely fried things) and pretty much every day I squeak and curse as I try and get the hot cereal bowl with lava-esque contents out of the microwave oven without burning my fingertips off - bowls of porridge are the worst.

Of course, you can use a hand towel or oven gloves, and I've used both - but I always end up with the fabric actually getting cereal on it, and that's just grotty.


I saw this fabulous invention it in the Lakeland catalog and ordered it immediately - it's a Microwave Plate, and it's FANTASTIC!  It's probably one of the cheapest things in my kitchen (£3.99), but I've used it every single day since I took it out of the box.

Here's the official blurb:-

Bowls of soup, beans and baked potatoes can be too hot to handle once they've been cooked, and bulky oven gloves just won't fit in the microwave ... after experiencing this problem in our staff room, we instantly saw the benefit of the microwave plate.

Just sit your bowl or ready-meal on it, and you can lift it out safely without doing the
"hot food juggle".

It works.  It's good.  It's cheap.  It's easy to clean.  It doesn't take up much room (ours lives top of the microwave).  Buy one - I'm pretty sure you won't regret it.

Oh, and if you're like me, and love kitchen stuff, get your hands on the Lakeland catalog - it's fantastically stuffed full of brilliant things you'll want.  I have zero affiliation with Lakeland and they don't even know I exist, I just think this is a great product and wanted you to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!