It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Siena Photos

A random selection of photos from my afternoon in Siena, on my free day whilst staying at Castellare di Tonda.  I caught the train in to Siena and neglected to bring a map, so I just wandered around for a few hours, following the signs to things I vaguely recognised from books.  I figured if I got too lost, I'd just jump in a taxi, but I found my way back to the train station with no problems at all.  Siena is gorgeous!















This is where I had lunch.  It was in a 400 year old archway leading to the Campo, with a small restaurant and some tables staggered up the steps.  A gorgeous breeze was blowing through which helped keep me a bit cooler than the people sitting in the Campo.  Fettucine with shaved truffles and a glass of chilled white wine - bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!