It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Sunday, July 27, 2014

Inflatable Travel Pillows


You know that I spend a fair bit of time in planes, and I've seen these inflatable pillows on sale for years and years now in in-flight magazines, or occasionally mentioned in newspaper travel articles - but I've NEVER seen one being used on a plane.

It's no surprise that sleeping in Economy class on long haul flights isn't fun and it isn't easy, and I'm not entirely sure that this would help.  What happens if you're in the aisle seat and someone needs to clamber past/over you to get out to the toilet?  Not a chance if there's that giant pillow blocking the way.  Do you have to deflate it for mealtimes?  Good grief, then you'd have to blow it up again!


I think that by the time I'd actually blown one up, I'd be so exhausted that I'd pass out.  Maybe that's the idea?  You don't sleep, you just collapse from oxygen depletion?  Has anyone got one of these?  Do you know if they work?  If you want to give it a try, you can buy one HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!