It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Restaurant Review : The Lane Vineyard, Hahndorf, South Australia




Fortuitously, my last trip back to Adelaide managed to cover a few birthdays - my Mum, SIL Letitia and niece India.  I love being back for birthdays, or any celebration really, because we do miss out on so many with us living on the other side of the world.

I treated my Mum & Dad to a glorious lunch at The Lane Vineyard in Hahndorf on my Mum's birthday.  We'd eaten a few times at The Lane before and it's never disappointed.  It's high end dining amidst a vineyard.  You can visit for a meal (I would recommend booking), or just drop past for a wine tasting.

The menu was so lovely (as it always is), that we didn't want to miss out on anything, so each of us had two starters and a dessert, instead of a starter and a main.  We also shared a plate of their spiced almonds with a few glasses of their Lois Sparkling Blanc de Blanc to get us away.

I started with the Confit Duck Sausage with Pistachio and Poached Quince (flipping amazing!), and chased it with the Jamon, Burnt Onions, Goats Curd, Roasted Beets and Maple Syrup (swoon!).  Even though it was only two starters, I could hardly manage any dessert, but did force down a gorgeous little jar of salted caramel popcorn.


Artwork?  No, it's my glorious Jamon, Burnt Onions, Goats Curd, Roasted Beets
and Maple Syrup starter.  It tasted as amazing as it looked.

The staff are glorious and helpful, the location is so picturesque and the food is top notch.  Go and treat yourself for a special occasion, or even for no reason at all, you'll love it.


The Lane Vineyard
Ravenswood Lane
Hahndorf  SA  5245
AUSTRALIA
Phone:- +61 8 8388 1250

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and looks so amazingly delicious I cannot even finish this post cuz I'm getting in the car to go check it out for myself!! ha! Great review. Many Thanks!
    Sada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babes! It is seriously lush for a special kind of meal. Hope you love it! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!