It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Walk




Last week, whilst having lunch in town with my friend Sandra, I noticed this gorgeous woman walking past the restaurant.  She wasn't just walking, she was sauntering along as if she was on a runway, and she looked amazing.  She wasn't trying to impress anyone, it just must have been her way of walking.

As we left the restaurant, we found ourselves walking behind her.  We were chatting about how fabulous she looked (it helped that she weighed about as much as one of my legs), and I declared that I was going to try and walk like that.  I think you can all guess how well that went.  I looked like I had dislocated hips and palsy.




Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that she looked great because she had that confident, fabulous walk.  Obviously we can't all walk like models, or look like models, but we can all stand up a bit straighter, put our shoulders back, change out of our sweats, put some lipstick on (probably for chicks only, though if you boys want to glam up, then you've got my full support!), and maybe, just maybe, other people will look at us as we are walking past and think "Wow, doesn't that person look fab!".

And if you don't feel fab?  Fake it.  Fake it until you make it!  You're worth it.








2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!