It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Macatoo Camp - Foster




Here's Foster's official blurb from the camp brochure:-


  • 15hh, 2006, local Kalahari horse.
  • A handsome bay horse who likes to go fast, but also very responsive to the touch – he enjoys jumping.
  • He has a small white heart shape on his face.


Cantered through water for the first time in my life on Foster - it was amazing!  I found Foster to be the slowest of the three horses ridden at that point – though apparently he’s the fastest!  Again, it's obviously "horses for courses" - I’m sure it was just my riding style.

I only rode him once, for a morning ride, as I'd done a game drive in the 4WD the night before, so I'm sure we would have meshed much better if I'd ridden him again.  He was rather lovely and very sure footed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!