It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hanging Beds?

This was the first hanging bed I ever saw, at Hotel de la Paix in Cambodia.  The restaurant use them for outside dining tables and I was immediately hooked on them.  So comfy!

We spend a lot of time travelling and have been lucky enough to go to some seriously amazing places, and even luckier to have had the chance to live in them.  As we travel I see fantastic bits of furniture, and things that fit happily into the "want" category, but "you can't always get what you want" (thanks Rolling Stones!), and sometimes you just have to file away the memory and think "maybe, one day".

Well, hanging beds are one of my "maybe, one day" things - and I'm obviously not the only one!  Can't you just see yourself (or yourself and your significant other), lounging about on some of these fab hanging beds on a sunny afternoon with a jug of sundowners and a stack of newspapers?  I know I can.


I think this is my favourite.  I love the extra space at the side for your papers and glasses - want!  Oh, and using pink and green (my fave colours) definitely helped my decision.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!