It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paris : Diptyque




There's an amazing Parisian store called "Diptyque" that sells luscious candles, perfumes and lovely smelly things.  I've been angling for a bottle of "Jardin Clos" EDT since I first smelled it a few years ago, and thought that a trip to Paris seemed like the best excuse to buy some at last.  You can buy all their stuff online, but I really wanted to go to the store and experience all the loveliness first-hand.

They have five locations in Paris, and I had planned to visit the Boulevard Saint Germain store.  Now, that idea was all well and good, but by the time we'd walked and walked and walked, I really didn't want to walk that extra distance to Blvd St Germain, so we headed into the Galeries Lafayette department store and to the Diptyque mini-store inside.

The girls were really helpful and there was a great range of things on display.  I looked and looked, but couldn't see the Jardin Clos EDT anywhere, so I asked if they had it in stock.  Noooooooo, they don't make it anymore!  Cue my face falling into an expression of glumness.

The boys suggested I try some different things and were very patient whilst I made them hold cardboard tester strips and I sprayed EDTs around.  After a few trial squirts I fell in love with Ofresia, a beautiful blend of Freesia and green scents - so very fresh and gorgeous.

The staff popped in a few samples of other scents and a lovely pack of Diptyque postcards as I paid, and we headed back out into the sunshine, with me a very happy girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!