It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Monday, February 6, 2012

Things I Like ...

My Ugg Boots




I'm an Australian.  I wear Ugg Boots.  It's the law.  Well, they aren't actually "Ugg" branded Ugg Boots because I'm not going to cough up $300 for a pair of original Uggs now that they're owned by a big American company.  My Ugg Boots look exactly like the ones above, but they're knock off ones from one of the sheepskin shops down near West Lakes in South Australia, and they sure weren't $300.

I'm an Australian.  I wear Ugg Boots.  I wear them ALL YEAR 'ROUND.  It's the law.  I put them on first thing in the morning when I'm getting organised, and I put them on again when all of my outside jobs have been done and I'm going to be inside for the rest of the day.

I'm an Australian.  I wear Ugg Boots.  I do NOT WEAR THEM AS SHOES outside the house.  It's the law.  They really aren't outdoor shoes (especially the kind above).  They're slippers or house shoes.  I know Ugg has started knocking out lots of different styles that can be worn outside, but THAT'S NOT NORMAL.  In Australia, if you get caught wearing your Uggies outside, people will look down their nose at you.

That said, I have been known to drive down and get the paper or some milk with my Uggies on, but I hope that I don't bump into anyone I know.  I blame Pamela Anderson for starting this whole trend of wearing them outside the home.


Pamela, I blame you!

Oh, and if you do decide that you want to wear your Uggies outside, DON'T get them wet, it won't end well.





And, in France, I saw Warmbat Australia Boots (a play on Wombat).  They looked just like all the other copy Ugg Boots, and hey, wouldn't you prefer an actual Wombat?


The Wombat.  Taking cute to a whole new level.

4 comments:

  1. You have obviously never been to Emma's school. To attend Emma's school, one must own at least two pairs of Ugg's (one tan, and one other color of your choice, at a minimum). They are to be worn at all times, in all types of weather, with any outfit. Nothing is too casual, nor too fancy, to be worn with your Ugg boots. It's some sort of unwritten fashion mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? Pamela Anderson is American and it's ALL HER FAULT!

      Delete
  2. I refuse to claim her!! You can have her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!