It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Megeve, France

We had a ball last week with hubby's family in Megeve in the French Alps, spending a week in the sun instead of a week in the snow as we did earlier in the year.




Megeve is seriously beautiful and we're in a chalet above the valley, with great views out over the surrounding countryside.




I enjoyed my morning coffees during the week seeing the sun rise over the Alps, playing with the resident kitten, Rasta, and watching air balloons bob around the mountains opposite - hey, someone's got to do it!




We took a ride on the Tramway St Gervais Mont Blanc which whizzed us up the mountainside to around 3,800 feet, snuggling up close to Mt Blanc and the glaciers.




Here's a shot of us all at the top:-




I'm sure I've come back kilos heavier after the amazing breakfasts that Juilet and Cesare cooked for us.  Now we're back home, my body is in shock at having its normal breakfast of no fat milk and Weetabix instead of the Megeve breakfast of bacon sandwiches, pain au chocolat and coffee - oh, I miss those pain au chocolat!  I put a link to a recipe for pain au chocolat, but let's be serious here, they take over 3 hours to make and I know that I'm never going to do it, just go to the bakery and do yourself a favour.




And as much as I loved spending a sunny week in Megeve, I really think I like it better when it's snowy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!