It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Bad Hair Trinity



Pfft.  I wish my hair looked this good.


Unfortunately I've been blessed with the genetic bad hair trinity.  Bad hair trinity?  You don't know?  That means I've got dead straight, fine AND oily hair.  Fabulous.

Now, thanks to the valiant efforts of the gorgeous Julia at Haar Moden in Singen who is a fabulous cut and colour merchant, my hair is manageable.  And thanks to liberal applications of volumising shampoo, volumising conditioner, volumising mousse and some basic dexterity with a blow dryer, I can leave the house without frightening the neighbours.

"What's this got to do with travel?" I hear you ask.  Well, if my hair is ordinary on a normal day, it's extra tragic when I'm flying long haul and can't "do" anything to it.  I come off a long haul flight looking like my hair has been glued flat onto my head.

But, and this is a big but, I've discovered some products that give me BIG HAIR!  Yes, the big hair that I've dreamed of all my life.  Big, like beauty pageant big.

Introduce yourself to dry hair shampoo ...



Now, this is the first dry shampoo product I used, from Lee Stafford, and I loved it for a long time.  With dry shampoo, you spray it directly onto the roots and then rub the powder in with your fingers to absorb oil.  This stuff works and it gives fantastic volume as well.

Then, a few years ago I discovered Batiste and it's better (and cheaper) than Lee Stafford.


You can buy both Batiste and Lee Stafford in normal sized cans for home and little cans for flying.  I'm never without a little can of Batiste in my carry-on (it's allowable size) to make me look presentable as I crawl off the plane after 12 hours in economy.

A squirt of Batiste and a swipe of lippy and I'm good to go.  Or slightly less scary anyway.


Cheryl Cole, I want your hair (and your handbags)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!